- Registration: 8:00am | Training: 9:00am – 5:00pm
- Presented by and hosted by Kenny Sanderfer and Ryan Rana, ICEEFT-Certified Trainers – Marriage and Family Institute, LLC
- $750 per person (Limited to 100 Attendees) – Early-Bird Registration *Before February 28th – $750 *Before March 28th -$800 Regular Registration – $850 – Student Registration = $500
- Location: Oklahoma Baptist University, Shawnee, Oklahoma
This is the first EFT Externship being presented with a Created for Connection focus!
Innovative and inspiring, this 4-day Externship provides you with an in-depth and practical introduction to the practice of Emotionally Focused Couple Therapy (EFT). EFT remains a leading empirically supported treatment of couple distress. The Created for Connection Externship is designed to prepare therapists to reach couples who value a faith sensitive approach to couple therapy. The Externship offers a unique opportunity to incorporate key insights from Dr. Sue Johnson and Kenny Sanderfer’s recent book Created for Connection, a hands-on resource designed for Christian couples. This unique training experience brings together four days of practical demonstrations, experiential exercises and dynamic presentations walking you step by step through the EFT process of change. The Externship is approved by the International Centre for Emotionally Focused Therapy (ICEEFT) and provides the first level of training required for certification as an Emotionally Focused Therapist. In addition, this training explores the integration of EFT principles and practices with theological insights and experiences common to Christian couples.
The Externship is led by ICEEFT-Certified trainers Kenny Sanderfer and Ryan Rana. These trainers have each developed spiritually-oriented resources for applying EFT to couples seeking to strengthen their relationship through their Christian faith.
• Learn primary EFT concepts based on attachment and emotion theory.
• Identify EFT stages and steps and related interventions.
• Practice EFT interventions used to promote de-escalation and restructuring relationships.
• Explore the process of creating an emotional bond through corrective emotional experiences.
• Examine EFT concepts and practices and their value to Christian couples.
Participants working in the following fields will benefit from this training:
- Social Workers
- Marriage and Family Therapists
- Professional Counselors
- Addiction Counselors
- Other Mental Health Professionals