- Registration: 7:00am | Training: 8:00am – 5:30pm
- Presented by Laura Heck and Dave Penner
- $399.00 per person
- This training is hosted by National Marriage Seminars of America and The Gottman Institute
- 8 CE Credits through National Marriage Seminars of America for $29.99
*Please note: This event is co-sponsored through The Gottman Institue and is not an individually hosted National Marriage Seminars event.*
Details & Registration
A Research-Based Approach 1-Day Seminar
Registration Fee: $399* (payment plans avilable)
*We do offer 20% off for Students and Military. Students must register using your .edu email address – Use Coupon Code: STU20 Military – Use Coupon Code: Mil20 – must show military identification 1st day of training. (These codes cannot be combined with any other discounts)
*Cost includes: Live Training | Gottman 7 Principle Leader Materials | Gottman 7PP Educator Certificate and Badge | Earn 10 Independent Study CE hours available for purchase ($29.99) for reading the Seven Principles book
Save $160 when you register for both the Gottman Seven Principles Program and the Bringing Baby Home Educator Trainings! Enter promo code “DISCOUNT” at checkout.
The Gottman Seven Principles Program, based on The New York Times bestseller The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work, was developed from Dr. Gottman’s four decades of research with more than 3,000 couples. Over the years, Drs. John and Julie Gottman have continued to fine-tune their innovative method of correcting behaviors that send marriages onto the rocks. Showing partners how to work with the small daily moments that make up the heart and soul of any relationship, The Gottman Seven Principles Program will train you how to teach couples proven, practical, and effective strategies for making marriage work.
THE TRAINING PROGRAM
This updated training provides the tools and know-how to take small groups of couples through Dr. Gottman’s revised, groundbreaking book The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work. Whether at your church, community center, place of business, or home, the material you learn in this training can be taught by anyone interested in making a difference in couples’ lives.
Participants working in the following fields will benefit from this training:
If you plan on co-presenting workshops, bring your co-presenter and get trained together. Whether you have years of experience as a clinically trained therapist or are a layperson, this training will give you tools to facilitate a Gottman Seven Principles Program for couples in your community.
- Life coaches
- Community leaders
- Social workers
As a result of this training, you will learn how to:
- Teach participants how to use Gottman Seven Principles Program materials
- Lead couples through The Seven Principles, with a combination of lecture, multi-media presentations, interactive exercises, role-plays, and discussions
- Teach attendees lecture content by integrating research from The Seven Principles
- Educate couples through relationship enhancing exercises.
As a result of this training, you will be able to:
- Know how to plan, budget, market and organize your own Gottman Seven Principles class
- Gain practical strategies for presenting the Gottman Seven Principles Program in your community
- Participate in experiential role play and practice Gottman Seven Principles Program exercises
- Learn how to present the lectures and content to your students
- Know how to support and encourage the class
- Develop skills to handle difficult situations and make referrals
- Understand how to use boxset materials to enrich the workshop experience
- Be able to market yourself as a “Gottman Seven Principles Program Educator”
As a result of this training, you will receive:
Upon completion of the training, attendees are awarded an official Gottman Seven Principles Program Educator certificate and seal. Included in the registration price is a complete Gottman Seven Principles Program for Educators Box Set ($225 value), which contains the core items facilitators need to present a productive and engaging workshop. The Box Set contains samples of the most popular Gottman products that will make your classes more exciting, interesting, and fun. Each item is available for bulk purchase with further discounts.
- Gottman Seven Principles Program Updated Educator’s Manual – a comprehensive guide to leading and organizing Gottman Seven Principles classes for couples
- The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Workbook (revised edition)
- Updated Companion Workbook – A place to record individual answers, encourage reflection and integrate knowledge on material in the Seven Principles for Making Marriage Workbook.
- How to Make Relationships Work DVD by Dr. John Gottman
- Love Map & Open-Ended Card Decks
- 52 Questions Before Marriage or Moving In Card Deck
- Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse sign
- Relationship Skills Pocket Guides
- Marketing materials and inspiring examples and for your use
- PowerPoint presentation and materials to use in your workshops
- Materials to help you organize and run your workshops
Dave Penner is a licensed clinical psychologist and is the Clinical Director of The Gottman Institute. He is the author of the Leader’s Guide for Teaching the Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work, which is based on years of experience teaching John Gottman’s Seven Principles book. He has trained therapists in the Gottman Method in North America, Asia, and Europe and is the co-developer of the Gottman Seven Principles Program.
Laura Heck is a licensed marriage and family therapist with a private practice in Salt Lake City. She received her M.A. in Clinical Psychology from Antioch University Seattle and has completed advanced clinical training in Gottman Method Couples Therapy. Laura recently served in a leadership role at The Gottman Institute (TGI) as the Director of Professional Development.