Gottman Level 1&2 Combo
5-Day Gottman Level 1 & 2 Combo Training
Details & Registration
Help couples in your practice manage conflict and deepen intimacy! This is the first step in learning Gottman Method Couples Therapy. A truly inspiring workshop, Level 1 Training will give you new insights into treatment for couples who struggle, using research-based assessments and effective interventions. Level 2 will help you deepen your understanding of Gottman Method Couples Therapy and expand your strategies & interventions with couples! Presented by Senior Certified Gottman Master Trainers.
Registration Fee: $999* (payment plans available). Save $270 when registering for a 5-Day Level 1&2 combo training. Additional discounts not eligible.
*Cost includes: Live Training | 300-page Clinical Manual | Certificate of Completion of Level 1 Training | 500-page Clinical Manual | Certificate of Completion of Level 2 Training | Earn 32.25 CE hours available for purchase ($40) | Ability to be listed on the Gottman Referral Network | Qualified to continue to Level 3
This training provides continuing education hours (CEs) for Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists (LMFT), Psychotherapists, Psychologists, Social Workers and other mental health professionals.
Day 1-2: A Research-Based Approach 2-Day Seminar
When couples enter the therapy office, they sting with pain and despair. They look to the clinician to referee chronic conflicts, fix their partners, and rebuild burned bridges. Now, based on Dr. John Gottman’s 40 years of compelling research with over 3,000 couples, there’s a practical and highly effective approach to guiding couples across the chasm that divides them.
In this workshop, you will be provided with a research-based roadmap for helping couples compassionately manage their conflicts, deepen their friendship and intimacy, and share their life purpose and dreams.
Apply Gottman Method Couples Therapy to help couples strengthen:
- The Friendship System – the foundation for intimacy, passion, and good sex
- The Conflict System – the basis for helping couples identify and address solvable problems, and understand and manage irresolvable differences
- The Shared Meaning System – the existential foundation of the relationship that helps partners discover their shared purpose for building a life together
As a result of taking this training, you will learn:
- Research-based strategies and tools to help couples successfully manage conflict
- Skills to empower partners to dialogue about their worst gridlocked issues by uncovering their underlying dreams, history, and values
- Methods to help couples process fights and heal their hurts
- Techniques for partners to deepen their intimacy and minimize relapse
- New assessments and effective interventions to help understand couples’ struggles
Day 3-5: Assessment, Intervention, and Co-Morbidities
Now featuring new clinical films and interventions
Deepen your understanding of Gottman Method Couples Therapy… Expand your strategies & interventions with couples!
- View new demonstration films from the Gottmans’ clinical office
- Refine your clinical skills and expand your strategies and interventions in your work with couples
- Learn to internalize and integrate the powerful, research-based Gottman Method Assessment and Intervention techniques.
- Gain insight as to when to use these methods and when couples therapy is contraindicated.
- Gain confidence in using the techniques
Participants will be able to:
- Assess a couple’s “Friendship Profile,” “Conflict Profile,” and “Shared Meanings Profile”
- Develop interventions that couples can use as antidotes to the “Four Horsemen”
- Help couples to soothe physiological flooding
- Apply six modes of changing the “Attack/Defend System” in a couple’s interactions
- Assist couples in establishing dialogue about their grid-locked conflicts
- Select and implement interventions to help couples deepen their “Friendship System” with rituals of connection
- Select and implement interventions to help couples create a shared system of values and meaning
- Identify and implement five different co-morbidities common to couples using Gottman Assessments and Interventions
Participants working in the following fields will benefit from this training:
- Mental health providers
- Allied professionals and clergy
- Students and interns
- Family clinic staff
- Professors/teachers of couples therapy
- Researchers in the social sciences
- Employee assistance professionals