Gottman Level 1 Trainings
Details & Registration
A Research-Based Approach 2-Day Seminar
Help couples in your practice manage conflict and deepen intimacy! This is the first step in learning Gottman Method Couples Therapy. A truly inspiring workshop, Level 1 Training will give you new insights into treatment for couples who struggle, using research-based assessments and effective interventions. Presented by a Senior Certified Gottman Method Trainer and Consultant.
Registration Fee: $420* (payment plans and student/military discounts available)
*Cost includes: Live Training | 300-page Clinical Manual | Certificate of Completion of Level 1 Training | 12 CE hours for purchase ($40) | Qualified to continue to Level 2
This training provides continuing education hours (CEs) for Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists (LMFT), Psychotherapists, Psychologists, Social Workers and other mental health professionals.
When couples enter the therapy office, they sting with pain and despair. They look to the clinician to referee chronic conflicts, fix their partners, and rebuild burned bridges. Now, based on Dr. John Gottman’s 40 years of compelling research with over 3,000 couples, there’s a practical and highly effective approach to guiding couples across the chasm that divides them.
In this workshop, you will be provided with a research-based roadmap for helping couples compassionately manage their conflicts, deepen their friendship and intimacy, and share their life purpose and dreams.
Apply Gottman Method Couples Therapy to help couples strengthen:
- The Friendship System – the foundation for intimacy, passion, and good sex
- The Conflict System – the basis for helping couples identify and address solvable problems, and understand and manage irresolvable differences
- The Shared Meaning System – the existential foundation of the relationship that helps partners discover their shared purpose for building a life together
As a result of taking this training, you will learn:
- Utilize research-based strategies and tools to help couples successfully manage conflict
- Demonstrate skills to empower partners to dialogue about their worst gridlocked issues by uncovering their underlying dreams, history, and values
- Describe methods to help couples process fights and heal their hurts
- Practice techniques for partners to deepen their intimacy and minimize relapse
- Select new assessments and effective interventions to help understand couples’ struggles
Participants working in the following fields will benefit from this training:
- Mental health providers
- Allied professionals and clergy
- Students and interns
- Family clinic staff
- Professors/teachers of couples therapy
- Researchers in the social sciences
- Employee assistance professionals