Gottman Level 2 Trainings
Details & Registration
Deepen your understanding of Gottman Method Couples Therapy and expand your strategies and interventions in your work with couples! Presented by a Senior Certified Gottman Method Trainer and Consultant.
Registration Fee: $850* (payment plans and student/military discounts available)
*Cost includes: Live Training | 500-page Clinical Manual | Certificate of Completion of Level 2 Training | Earn 20.25 CE hours available for purchase ($40) | Ability to be listed on the Gottman Referral Network | Qualified to continue to Level 3
This training provides continuing education hours (CEs) for Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists (LMFT), Psychotherapists, Psychologists, Social Workers and other mental health professionals.
Now featuring new clinical films and interventions
- View new demonstration films from the Gottmans’ clinical office
- Refine your clinical skills and expand your strategies and interventions in your work with couples
- Learn to internalize and integrate the powerful, research-based Gottman Method Assessment and Intervention techniques.
- Gain insight as to when to use these methods and when couples therapy is contraindicated.
- Gain confidence in using the techniques
Participants will be able to:
- Assess a couple’s “Friendship Profile,” “Conflict Profile,” and “Shared Meanings Profile”
- Develop interventions that couples can use as antidotes to the “Four Horsemen”
- Find ways to help couples to soothe physiological flooding
- Apply six modes of changing the “Attack/Defend System” in a couple’s interactions
- Organize how to assist couples in establishing dialogue about their grid-locked conflicts
- Select and implement interventions to help couples deepen their “Friendship System” with rituals of connection
- Select and implement interventions to help couples create a shared system of values and meaning
- Identify and implement five different co-morbidities common to couples using Gottman Assessments and Interventions
Participants working in the following fields will benefit from this training:
- Mental health providers
- Allied professionals and clergy
- Students and interns
- Family clinic staff
- Professors/teachers of couples therapy
- Researchers in the social sciences
- Employee assistance professionals