Gottman Level 3 Trainings
Details & Registration
Presented by a Senior Certified Gottman Method Trainer and Consultant.
Registration Fee: $950* (payment plans and student/military discounts available)
*Cost includes: Live Training | 500-page Clinical Manual | Certificate of Completion of Level 3 Training | 20 CE hours available for purchase ($40) | Ability to be listed on the Gottman Referral Network | Qualified to continue on the Gottman Certification Track
There is no better way to learn how to apply the Gottman Method than this workshop.
Through videotaped cases of real couples, hands-on role plays, demonstrations of assessments and interventions, and nuanced discussion of technique, the Level 3 Practicum significantly expands your understanding of when and how to use Gottman Method approaches.
In a small-group setting, you will have the opportunity to practice and refine your use of Gottman Method therapy and receive personalized guidance in developing a roadmap for clinical decisions.
Level 3 Practicum content represents the true resistances and co-morbidities we face as therapists and how we can transform them into effective healing methods for the couple.
The workshop is structured to help create a safe and secure environment so participants can learn and practice while feeling free of criticism and negative judgment.
At the end of this workshop participants will understand how to:
- Utilize the Oral History Interview effectively during a couple’s assessment and diagnose its implications
- Explain clearly, to a couple, their strengths and challenges in terms of the “Sound Relationship House”
- Demonstrate how to help partners identify their own “Four Horsemen” and interpret the antidotes
- Select and utilize appropriate tools to help a couple deepen their “Friendship System”
- Classify a couple’s conflicts in terms of solvable, perpetual, and grid-locked problems
- Use the “Dreams Within Conflict” technique to help a couple feel hopeful and to achieve break-through with their perpetual conflict
- Intervene successfully intervene when one or both partners are flooding
- Predict how to help a couple reach solutions using the Compromise Ovals intervention
- Sensitively intervene when co-morbidities are present
- Master’s or doctoral degree OR current enrollment in a graduate program within a mental health-related field
- Completed Level 1 Live Training
- Completed Level 2 Live Training
- Therapy experience highly recommended, but not required
Case Discussion in Certification Practicum
Participants are asked to bring a short (ten minute or so) video segment (on DVD or USB thumb drive) of difficult and challenging couples to the Level 3 workshop. The therapist’s work with the couple will not be critiqued; in fact the video does not even need to show the therapist; just seeing the couple is all that is needed. The purpose will be to use these couples to illustrate how the Gottman Method can be applied to these tough cases. The Gottman Trainer will describe how they would treat these couples and then participants from the audience will volunteer to role play these couples with the trainer demonstrating a variety of interventions. Participants will then have the opportunity to practice using these interventions in a supportive small group setting with other participants’ role playing the couples from the videos.
Bringing a video tape isn’t required, but it will help make the training more meaningful for everyone. If you cannot bring a taped segment, it would help to bring a brief written description of a challenging couple for the same purpose. This is for Case Discussion within the context of Certification Practicum ONLY and is not related to the videotaped interventions submitted for final Certification Review. Note: Unfortunately, we are not able to support the following formats: Mini DVD’s, “High-8,” alternate or nonstandard international formats, such as “Super-8.”