Dates: Friday, August 16, 2019
Presented by George Faller, EFT Certified Trainer
President of the New York Center for EFT
Author of Sacred Stress: A Radically Different Approach to Using Life’s Challenges for Positive Change
Location: Hilton Garden Inn SouthPark – 4808 Sharon Rd. Charlotte, NC 28210
6.5 CE’s are available for purchase for $29.99 through National Marriage Seminars of America.
Connect Couples Therapy, PLLC
James McCracken, LCSW, PLLC
Greg Cheney, LMFT
Carolina Center for EFT
Do escalated couples make you want to quit being a therapist? Join us as we explore those moments of greatest difficulty for couples, from still-face to high reactivity to despair and rage. Learn how to keep your focus and go deeper in the face of reactivity. We’ll explore, demonstrate, practice and integrate in an interactive, experiential way.
Through a combination of lecture, videotaped session samples, and exercises, participants will learn to better conceptualize EFT and to help couples recognize and deescalate problematic cycles of interaction. Participants will also learn to help couples create or restore the emotional bond between them once the negative cycle, and the attachment needs that drive it, has been understood.
- Identify the key assumptions of attachment theory as it applies to adult relationships.
- Identify the stages, and steps of EFT, as well as key change events.
- Articulate key interventions that help clients to reprocess key emotional responses.
- Identify common therapeutic impasses in EFT and how to address them and implement EFT interventions in clinical exercises and case examples.
- Describe the function of protective strategies that create negative cycles.
- Identify the positive cycle of responsiveness to replace the escalated, negative cycle.
Located in the South Park neighborhood of Charlotte, the Hilton Garden Inn is newly built is situated in a prime location with Starbucks, Whole Foods, the South Park Mall, & many restaurants within walking distance. A block of rooms have been reserved for this event. Rates are $119/night. Click HERE to make your reservation.