LEVEL 3 GOTTMAN CLINICAL TRAINING : PRACTICUM TRAINING
DESIGNED BY DRS. JOHN & JULIE GOTTMAN
Presented by Dr. Nancy D. Young
Certified Gottman Therapist, Trainer and Couple’s Workshop Leader
There is no better way to learn how to apply the Gottman Method than this workshop.
Through videotaped cases of real couples, hands-on role plays, demonstrations of assessments and interventions, and nuanced discussion of technique, the Level 3 Practicum significantly expands your understanding of when and how to use Gottman Method approaches.
In a small-group setting, you will have the opportunity to practice and refine your use of Gottman Method therapy and receive personalized guidance in developing a roadmap for clinical decisions.
Level 3 Practicum content represents the true resistances and co-morbidities we face as therapists and how we can transform them into effective healing methods for the couple.
The workshop is structured to help create a safe and secure environment so participants can learn and practice while feeling free of criticism and negative judgment.
In this three-day workshop, packed with tools and information, you’ll learn:
- Effectively use the Oral History Interview during a couple’s assessment and understand its implications
- Clearly explain to a couple their strengths and challenges in terms of the “Sound Relationship House”
- Help partners identify their own “Four Horsemen” and understand the antidotes
- Select and utilize appropriate tools to help a couple deepen their “Friendship System”
- Clarify a couple’s conflicts in terms of solvable, perpetual, and grid-locked problems
- Use the “Dreams Within Conflict” technique to help a couple feel hopeful and to achieve break-through with their perpetual conflict
- Successfully intervene when one or both partners are flooding
- Help a couple reach solutions using the Compromise Ovals intervention
- Sensitively intervene when co-morbidities are present
- Master’s or doctoral degree OR current enrollment in a graduate program within a mental health-related field
- Completed Level 1 Live Training or DVD Home study*
- Completed Level 2 Live Training or DVD Home study*
- Therapy experience highly recommended, but not required
*If you choose the Home study option, you must complete your Assessment of Knowledge and submit it to PESI no later than August 15, 2016.