Based on the acclaimed and successful book Hold Me Tight: 7 Conversations for a Lifetime of Love by Sue Johnson, Hold Me Tight® Workshops are 2-day couple workshops that help couples make sense of interactions, emotions, and restoring secure connections in romantic relationships.
Over the course of two days, couples move through the 7-conversations of Hold me Tight®:
1) Recognizing Demon Dialogues – Identifying the negative patterns that take over relationships and learn to hear each other in non-blaming, non-defensive ways.
2) Finding the Raw Spots – Looking under each partner’s automatic reactions during conflicts to identify the sore feelings underneath.
3) Revisiting a Rocky Moment – Finding successful de-escalation of a demon dialogue and learning to repair rifts and build emotional safety.
4) Hold Me Tight – Each partner moving into being more emotionally accessible, responsive, and engaged with each other.
5) Forgiving Injuries – Learning how to heal from injuries as demonstrations of renewal and connection. Earned forgiveness empowers couples to renew and strengthen their bond.
6) Bonding Through Sex and Touch – Learning how emotional connection creates better sex, and better physical & sexual intimacy creates deeper emotional bonding.
7) Keeping Your Love Alive – Making plans to intentionally maintain and protect connection.
Engaging your thinking brain and your experiencing brain, the workshop moves back and forth from didactic topical presentations to couple-specific experiential exercises (with individualized assistance as needed). We offer an engaging, safe, non-blaming, non-shaming experience for all couples in attendance.
Couples at our Hold Me Tight® workshop learn and experience new ways to:
Be more Accessible, Responsive, and Engaged (A.R.E.) with each other
Highlight and honor strength in their relationship
Recognize and respond to emotions
Understand conflicts in non-blaming, non-defensive ways
Repair injuries in relationships
Enhance emotional and physical intimacy
Join us in an experience that will change your view of relationships
and help you get what you have longed for.
Register Today – Only 15 Couples Accepted Per Workshop
Privacy Needs Are Respected
No sharing of personal information required during presentations or discussions.
Couples maintain privacy during exercises.
All couples are welcome!
Standard Fee is $695 per couple (45-15 days before the event)
Early Registration Fee $650 per couple (45+ days ahead of the event)
Hold Me Tight® Couple Workshops are not appropriate for couples currently experiencing any of the following relationship betrayals:
– One or both partners actively involved with an unapproved person (i.e. an affair)
– One or both partners act (or threaten to act) abusively including:
- physical violence towards the other partner, children, pets, or other family
- restriction of the other’s rights and resources (i.e. restriction of movement or association)
– One or both partners actively engaged in addictive behaviors (i.e. drug and/or alcohol abuse)
Couples having any of these experiences should not register for this workshop, and should instead seek appropriate related professional services. Couples who have had any of these experiences in the past, but are not actively experiencing them are appropriate and welcome to register. If you have any questions about this, please contact James McCracken @ email@example.com