Level 1 On-Demand with Dan Wile On-Demand
A truly inspiring workshop, Gottman Level 1 Training will give you new insights into treatment for couples who struggle, using proven assessment techniques and intervention strategies.
Our practical, emotion-focused, and highly effective approach is based on Drs. John and Julie Gottman’s four decades of research with more than 3,000 couples. It is the most extensive study ever done on marital stability and divorce prediction.
Help couples learn to manage conflict, deepen friendship and intimacy, and share their life purpose and dreams. Discover research-based assessments and effective interventions you can start practicing immediately.
Bridging the Couple Chasm with an addition Dan Wile On-Demand Video for only $75 more ($199 value)
When couples enter the therapy office, they sting with pain and despair. They look to you, the clinician, to referee chronic conflicts, fix their partners, and rebuild burned bridges. Our practical, emotion-focused, and highly effective approach is based on Dr. John Gottman’s 40 years of compelling research with over 3,000 couples. Join the worldwide network of more than 50,000 mental health professionals who have completed Level 1 Training in Gottman Method Couples Therapy.
This inspiring learning experience will give you new insights into treatment for couples who struggle. In this self-paced online course, you will discover a research-based method for helping couples manage conflict, deepen friendship and intimacy, and share their life purpose and dreams.
At the completion of this training, you will be able to:
- Summarize the research that allows us to predict future relationship stability
- Describe the seven levels of the Sound Relationship House theory
- Conduct a couple’s therapy assessment using elements of the couple’s narrative, the Oral History Interview, written questionnaires, observations of conflict and individual interviews
- Describe two interventions to help strengthen a couple’s conflict management
- Describe two interventions to enhance a couple’s friendship system
- Describe two interventions to explore a couple’s system of shared meaning
- Explain why physiological self-soothing is essential for a healthy relationship
- Create a therapeutic contract with a couple, discuss and decide on goals and include a summary of the couple’s strengths and areas that need improvement
- Describe the Philosophy of Therapy and including assumptions, an overview of techniques and goals of therapy
- Describe the Rapoport Intervention and when to use it
- Describe the process of therapy, including the structure of a session
Dr. Dan Wile – Turning Fights into Conversations and Problems into Opportunities for Intimacy
“I think that Dan Wile is a genius and the greatest living marital therapist. I am blessed to have been able to exchange ideas with him.” – John Gottman, Ph.D
John Gottman, Ph.D.
World-renowned for his work on marital stability and divorce prediction, Dr. John Gottman has conducted 40 years of breakthrough research with thousands of couples. He is the author of over 200 published academic articles and author or co-author of more than 40 books, including The New York Times bestseller The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work. Dr. Gottman’s media appearances include Good Morning America, Today, CBS Morning News, and Oprah, as well articles in The New York Times, Redbook, Glamour, Woman’s Day, People, Self, and Psychology Today.
Julie Gottman, Ph.D.
Dr. Julie Gottman is the co-founder and President of The Gottman Institute. A highly respected clinical psychologist, she is sought internationally by media and organizations as an expert advisor on marriage, sexual harassment and rape, domestic violence, gay and lesbian adoption, same-sex marriage, and parenting issues. She is the co-creator of the immensely popular The Art and Science of Love weekend workshops for couples, and she also co-designed the national clinical training program in Gottman Method Couples Therapy.
Disclaimer, Refund, Policy Cancellation Policy Agreement*
Refund, Disclaimer & Cancellation Policy: ALL SALES ARE FINAL. In the event a seminar is canceled National Marriage Seminars, Inc. is only responsible for reimbursement of fees paid for the seminar with the exception of force majeure. All costs incurred for travel arrangements are the sole responsibility of the individual or entity that made those arrangements. National Marriage Seminars, Inc. reserves the right to move venue location and assigned presenters originally advertised for an event with a 30-day notice to attendees. In the event a venue or presenter is changed, no reimbursements will be given. Venue changes are not to exceed 50 miles or 1 hour drive time from the original venue advertised. The individual or entity that made the arrangements to attend a National Marriage Seminars, Inc. event agrees to hold harmless National Marriage Seminars, Inc., its directors, and employees from any and all liability associated with those travel arrangements. By registering for any National Marriage Seminars, Inc. sponsored or hosted event the individual or entity agrees to these terms.
CE’s: CE’s are NOT included in the price of these workshops, however, they will be available for purchase at the event.
Grievance Policy: It is the mission of National Marriage Seminars of America to find presenters who serve as a gateway to enhance clinical skills and to produce and distribute their work with integrity. We also believe in creating a learning environment that respects the diversity our attendees bring to these events. If you are dissatisfied with your experience, please email us at email@example.com or contact us via phone at 813-960-0001 to further discuss your concerns.
This online course includes:
- 11 hours of video from a recent live workshop conducted by Drs. John and Julie Gottman
- 352-page PDF manual with the content, assessments, interventions, and references discussed in training videos
- 63-page PDF of lecture slides
- Online quiz and downloadable certificate for 11 CE hours awarded by PESI
- Certificate of Completion from The Gottman Institute
Prerequisites: There are no prerequisites for this course.
Day 1: You will receive and email from The Gottman Institute within 24 hours of purchase allowing you access to the online course.
Venue: Online Course