On-Demand Re-Broadcast Available June 1st $79 per person/couple (Earn 1.5 CES)
In this webinar, Chris Cambas, Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist, Certified Gottman Therapist & Relationship Expert will reveal the science and emotion behind trust and betrayal as well as provide practical tools needed to reconstruct both after an affair. He will present a model and pathway for confession and emotional attunement necessary for recovery. The impact of an affair on a relationship is nothing short of catastrophic. It is essential to have a clear understanding of the cascade into betrayal as well as a roadmap to healing.
What You Will Learn:
- The cascade into betrayal
- The signs of PTSD after betrayal and how to handle them
- Confession and its components
- Emotional attunement and its components
- Roadmap for clear and effective communication moving forward
- What healing looks like
- Over 90% of Americans consider infidelity morally wrong
- Less than 3% of Americans believe it is not wrong to cheat on their partner
- Around 40% of Americans cheat on their partner
- 15% of Americans who grew up in a home without both parents report having an affair
- Age ranges of 30 and below and 70 and above are less likely to dissolve their relationship after an affair
- Women in their sixties report the highest probability of cheating on their partner. Meaning in the lifespan of their relationships.
- Men seventy and above report the highest probability of cheating on their partner. Meaning in the lifespan of their relationships.
- 22% claim to never have admitted the affair to their partner
- 24% claim to have admitted the affair to their partner
- 76% claim to have admitted to their past infidelity to their new partner
Percentage Of Americans Who Report Engaging In Sexual Activities Without Their Partners Consent By Age Bracket
- 18-29 - 21%
- 30-34 - 17%
- 45-64 -19%
- 65+ - 21%
Reported Reasons For Admitting To An Affair By Gender
- 47% report that guilt was the reason for admitting their infidelity
- 39.8% reported not being happy in their relationship as the reason for admitting their infidelity
- 23% admitted because they were caught by their partner
- 11% reported they believed they had contracted an STD and transmitted it to their partner as the reason for confession
How Long People Wait Before Admitting Infidelity To Their Partner
- Within a week 47.7%
- Within a month 26.6%
- 6 months or longer 25.7%
Since affairs are so pervasive, it is essential to know how and why they happen and exactly how to recover when they do. We also believe it is essential to understand how to build a healthy and strong relationship in order to prevent an affair and its catastrophic effects..
In case you missed it! Pre-recorded on-demand available April 1st. Original Air Date - February 11th, 2022 - Earn 1.5 CES
Learn research-based tools for building and maintaining TRUST.
You can restore your relationship from the comfort of home. In an exclusive, date-night webinar, you’ll learn how couples build trust with emotional attunement.
This webinar is presented by Chris Cambas LMFT and Certified Gottman Therapist along with our CoupleStrong staff. This 90-minute webinar consists of lectures, videos, and Q&A.
The intimate setting of a webinar enables couples to receive personalized attention from our staff while enhancing and restoring their relationship.
During the webinar, you will learn skills to:
- Enhance intimacy
- Create shared meaning
- Strengthen your friendship
- Deepen your understanding of one another
- Transform perpetual problems into dialogues
- How couples build trust through emotional attunement
Chris and our CoupleStrong staff welcome you to join them for a truly transformative experience. You can combine the webinar with one on one follow-up both in person and via telehealth.
Register today, attendance is limited.
Couples Seminars Online
ON-DEMAND CoupleStrong Webinar Series: Betrayal & the Rollercoaster of Recovery$79.00 Add to cart
Couples Seminars Online
CoupleStrong Webinar Series: Valentine’s Day Edition – On-Demand$77.00 Add to cart