We Are CoupleStrong! Join the Movement!
CoupleStrong is all about creating marriages that are alive and vibrant. Our seminars and retreats help couples to reconnect and renew their passion and love for each other. And we want you and your spouse to carry that excitement into every day!
Why can’t married couples act like dating couples? Remember when you would do just about anything to let the whole world know that you were crazy about your significant other. It’s time to do it again.
All relationships struggle with the trials and tribulations of life, but they don’t have to overwhelm the couple.
A divorce takes place every 13 seconds in the United States. That equates to 277 divorces per hour, 6,646 divorces per day, 46,523 divorces per week, and 2,419,196 per year. That means:
- There are 9 divorces in the time it takes a couple to recite their wedding vows. (2 minutes)
- More than 554 divorces take place while watching a movie. (2 hours)
- 1,385 divorces take place during an average wedding reception. (5 hours)
- There are 19,353, 568 divorces over the course of the average first marriage. (8 years)
- Over a 40 year period, 67% of first marriages end.
- Second marriages fail at a rate of 60%.
- Third marriages fail at a rate of 73%.
Averages you should KNOW...
- The average duration of first marriages for men is 7.8 years.
- The average duration of second marriages for men is 7.3 years.
- The average duration of first marriages for women is 7.9 years.
- The average duration of second marriages for women is 6.8 years.
- The average age for couples going through their first divorce is 30.
- 60 percent of divorces involve individuals aged 25-39.
Start the journey to a true connection. Become Couplestrong.
All of us got married expecting the best but from the statistics, our hopes and dreams are falling short. Does it have to be this way? Of course not. As a licensed therapist in private practice for nearly 20 years and 45,000 hours of face-to-face time with couples, I’ve learned relationships can thrive. I have also learned through training nearly 40,000 therapists who now provide approximately 31,200,000 hours of therapy annually we have the answers to couples’ woes.
At the heart of every relationship is commitment. It’s a term we hear every day but what does it actually mean for couples? It means, “I’m completely emotionally invested in this relationship and it’s my journey for life.” That is a vast statement but one that is attainable.
A commitment to small changes, with consistency, will make all the difference.