Consultation is always an opportunity for further growth — clinically, business-wise, or both. Consultation involves a collaborative discussion rather than the straight up offering and receiving of advice.”
We all need a confidant for support in a range of forms, for many reasons:
- To benefit from each other’s experience
- To talk through challenging or difficult interactions with clients
- To work through issues triggered for the therapist (countertransference)
- To learn and use new techniques to help your clients and yourself
Just having someone remind you of your strengths when you have a challenging caseload or validate that what you are doing or thinking is on target, can give you the professional encouragement you need to bring your ‘A’ game. This is support you wouldn’t have if you didn’t make consultation part of your self-care system.
Good consultation takes many forms:
- Phone calls with colleagues
- Video Conferencing
- In person meetings
Individual and group case consultation programs are available. (5 person minimum for group consultation) Dates will be scheduled with you or your group once purchased.
$150 - 1-hour individual consultation
$100 per person - 2-hour group consultation (minimum of 5 persons)