ON-DEMAND CoupleStrong Webinar Series: Betrayal & the Rollercoaster of Recovery
ON-DEMAND – Original Broadcast May 13th, 2022 Learn about the science and emotion behind trust and betrayal as well as provide practical tools needed to reconstruct both after an affair. He will present a model and pathway for confession and emotional attunement necessary for recovery.
Build a solid foundation that is strong. Be CoupleStrong!
(On-Demand) Original Broadcast – Friday, May 13th, 2022 – 7:00 pm – 8:30 pm (Earn 1.5 CES) Available June 1st, 2022
In this webinar, Chris Cambas, Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist, Certified Gottman Therapist & Relation Expert will reveal the science and emotion behind trust and betrayal as well as provide practical tools needed to reconstruct both after an affair. He will present a model and pathway for confession and emotional attunement necessary for recovery. The impact of an affair on a relationship is nothing short of catastrophic. It is essential to have a clear understanding of the cascade into betrayal as well as a roadmap to healing.
What You Will Learn:
- The cascade into betrayal
- The signs of PTSD after betrayal and how to handle them
- Confession and its components
- Emotional attunement and its components
- Roadmap for clear and effective communication moving forward
- What healing looks like
- Over 90% of Americans consider infidelity morally wrong
- Less than 3% of Americans believe it is not wrong to cheat on their partner
- Around 40% of Americans cheat on their partner
- 15% of Americans who grew up in a home without both parents report having an affair
- Age ranges of 30 and below and 70 and above are less likely to dissolve their relationship after an affair
- Women in their sixties report the highest probability of cheating on their partner. Meaning in the lifespan of their relationships.
- Men seventy and above report the highest probability of cheating on their partner. Meaning in the lifespan of their relationships.
- 22% claim to never have admitted the affair to their partner
- 24% claim to have admitted the affair to their partner
- 76% claim to have admitted to their past infidelity to their new partner
Percentage Of Americans Who Report Engaging In Sexual Activities Without Their Partners Consent By Age Bracket
- 18-29 – 21%
- 30-34 – 17%
- 45-64 -19%
- 65+ – 21%
Reported Reasons For Admitting To An Affair By Gender
- 47% report that guilt was the reason for admitting their infidelity
- 39.8% reported not being happy in their relationship as the reason for admitting their infidelity
- 23% admitted because they were caught by their partner
- 11% reported they believed they had contracted an STD and transmitted it to their partner as the reason for confession
How Long People Wait Before Admitting Infidelity To Their Partner
- Within a week 47.7%
- Within a month 26.6%
- 6 months or longer 25.7%
Since affairs are so pervasive, it is essential to know how and why they happen and exactly how to recover when they do. We also believe it is essential to understand how to build a healthy and strong relationship in order to prevent an affair and its catastrophic effects.
Chris and our CoupleStrong staff welcome you to join them for a truly transformative experience. You can combine the webinar with one on one follow-up both in person and via telehealth.
Register below today, attendance is limited.
Learn more about our other CoupleStrong Webinar Series!
Chris Cambas, LMFT, Certified Gottman Therapist
Co-Founder & CEO of CoupleStrong, Chris is a licensed marriage and family therapist with over 35,000 hours of face-to-face experience in private practice. He specialty is couples work and couples intensive work for those who are in crisis.
He attended the University of Tampa for his undergraduate degree and Liberty University for his Master’s Degree. He’s also certified in Gottman Method Couples Therapy and is a Certified Gottman Trainer.
- Chris has recently co-authored a book “KickAss Husband: Winning at Life, Marriage & Sex.”
- Chris has appeared on various radio broadcasts which include “Love and Marriage” on WTIS, Spirit FM (The Big, Big House Morning Show, the Joy FM, WTBN (Salem Broadcasting), co-hosted “Getting it Right After Getting it Wrong” and has been a guest on Bill Bunkley’s drive time show.
- Television: Therapist appearance on “Unfaithful, Stories of Betrayal” on the Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN).
- Magazine: Overflow Magazine Cover, including a five-page article on his testimony in the May 2010 edition.
- Film: Has worked extensively with Sherwood Baptist Church, Provident Films, as well as Five and Two Pictures/Christiano Film Group promoting various Christian movies nationally to include Fireproof, Courageous and The Secrets of Jonathan Sperry.