Florida Qualified Supervisor Training
This is an approved continuing education course for supervisory training in the State of Florida pursuant to Section 491.005, F.S., and 64B4 F.A.C.
The course provides 12 hours of in-person didactic and interactional instruction.
Workshop Learning Objectives
At the completion of this training, you will be able to:
- Become familiar with the major models of supervision for clinical social work, marriage and family therapy or mental health counseling
- Gain skills to develop a personal model of supervision, drawn from existing models of supervision and from preferred styles of therapy
- Understand the co-evolving dynamics of therapist-client and supervisor-therapist-client relationships
- Explore distinctive issues that arise in supervision
- Address the contextual variables in practice such as culture, gender, ethnicity, power and economics
- Become familiar with the ethical, legal and regulatory issues of supervision
- Review the Florida laws and the board rules governing interns and supervision
- Understand the role of evaluation in supervision.